For more infomation and to register an interest for the 2013 course, please contact Antonella Vassallo, Course Coordinator on email@example.com
This course will consist of 4 modules, presented over a five-week period. Topics covered include:
- Global Ocean Governance Framework
- Managing our relations with the oceans
- Conflict Management and Consensus-Building
- Regional Ocean Governance Frameworks for the Mediterranean, Black, Baltic and Caspian Seas
- Candidates should preferably have at least a first degree in a field relevant to marine affairs and science. They must be nominated and sponsored by an appropriate Government entity, university or equivalent educational institution or by a national or regional organisation. A working knowledge of English is essential. Applicants from developed or EU countries (except Eastern European countries) will be considered only if they are fully funded or are registered at the University of Malta as graduate students.
Eur. 5500, covering accommodation, daily allowance for meals, course delivery materials, all bench fees, use of university facilities, participation in field trips and social programme organised as part of the course.Travel to and from Malta is not included in the course fee.Scholarships
A limited number of scholarships covering fully or in part the expenses of the course are available to eligable applicants from developing countries around the regional seas.Logistics
The course will be held at the University of Malta. Participants will be accommodated in a residence situated within walking distance from University.