MarBEF, a network of excellence funded by the European Union and consisting of 91 European marine institutes, is a platform to integrate and disseminate knowledge and expertise on marine biodiversity, with links to researchers, industry, stakeholders and the general public.
The specific integration effort of MarBEF is focused into the following major activities:
MarBEF is funded within the sustainable development, global change and ecosystems RTD Programme of the EU's Sixth Framework Programme. More information is also available on CORDIS (Community Research & Development Information Service).
- Creating a virtual centre for durable integration
- Creating and improving access to resources
- Providing specialist training
- Developing an integrated data and information management system
- The transformation of MarBEF's long-term, strategic approach into policy.